Friday, March 23, 2012

The One

The One

Are you the one I can trust or are you the one I should be afraid of? Are you the one I can tell everything to and you will keep it all to yourself? My words, my thoughts, my feelings will go no further then your white pages? I would like to hope so. The downside of you is that you could hurt me more then anyone else could if you land in the wrong hands. You can’t keep everything to yourself then. You would tell my deepest secrets and you would let people know everything that I trusted you to never tell a soul. Telling you everything is so easy because you let me talk without any interruption, you listen, and you tempt me to explain everything as you just sit there with endless amounts of blank lines. For once, when I talk to you the voices in my head leave. I am not pressured to write something fantastic but I still learn from you. Every time I read you from months ago you trigger memories and let me learn from my experiences. You remind me when I forget about things and even though some are bad it’s a lesson. Your pages also do tell of something good and you make me proud of myself. You make me feel good when I am mad, sad, and even happy. I trust you for some time as you stay hidden but I will not keep you forever. I will have to destroy you at some point because I cannot fully trust you with so much.

Creativity: Tried to make the reader figure out on their own what I am talking about and I gave hints throughout the piece.

Engagement: Talks about how you can never fully trust anything even if you think you can.

Growth: Continued to write without giving away what I am talking about. Trying to keep the reader engaged with story being set up in a creative way.

No comments:

Post a Comment