Friday, March 23, 2012

Your Always There

Your Always There
You always stared at me. You realized what I was going through and you understood everything without any explanation. I wish I could break you and then put your glass pieces back together to see a different me. I want to see the old me. I hate waking up to you only to see another eyelash is missing or how much hair I have lost. I hate this sickness and I hate you. You make me face myself with your odd way of reflecting back only what you see. You stand tall, attached to my bureau so I cant find a way to make you disappear without breaking you. I want to smash you into pieces with my fists and ignore all the pain. Why cant you reflect what I want to see? Make me the girl who has a full head of hair. Make me the girl who has long hair that lies down her back and nearly touches her butt. Make me the girl who does not have a near bald head, make me beautiful. Reflect me so I don’t look like a little boy. You spell words backwards so draw me backwards. Go back to when I was healthy, reflect the old me because this is
something I cant stand to see. I could suffocate you, place a huge blanket over your face and never see me again. Yet you don’t just sit in my room on my bureau, your everywhere. Every store, every bathroom, and every house I go to. How can I avoid you now? How can I avoid myself now? Every time I look into you I get extremely nervous. My palms sweat, my stomach drops and I shake. Only because every time I look I see someone different. You make me paler, I see less and less hair, my eyelashes are gone and my eyebrows are coming off. I get even sicker with you then the actual disease. Please over the next times I see you, unless I get better don’t continue to picture me differently.


Creativity: I talked about how a person is speaking into the mirror but I let the reader figure that out without me clearly saying it.
Engagement: I am writing about how a person with cancer feels when looking in the mirror.
Growth: I tried for the first time writing a whole piece on a characters inner thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment