Friday, March 30, 2012

A Time of Change

After that the change was complete.

After he said those words, after he ignored me for years

After all those silent, dropping tears

The change was complete.

Every time I think back to when you hit me, my fists clutch and I drive closer to insanity

After your screeching screaming voice that yelled in my ears with non stop profanity

After the constant smell of alcohol which you soaked in

After all your hurtful, sneaky sins

After sitting in the corner rocking back and forth with my head buried in my arms

The change was complete

Your out, your gone, you disappeared

You’re no longer feared

Who’s life do you fit into now?

Not mine, not Lisa’s, not Johnny, and not Mom

No one and its from all that you have done

The change is complete

You are no longer a part of our life

You stumbling in, your stuttering words that we could never decipher are over

Your beatings, your apologizes, your idiotic ways, your bad choices are through with

It’s a new time and it’s a new shift

I guess it took a lot for us to uplift

And leave you standing alone

The change is complete

To go back to you is a choice that would only defeat the purpose

You deserve better even though you hurt so many

But more importantly we deserve better

We deserve happy smiles that last more then a second

We deserve love

We deserve freedom from your disappointments

We deserve a lot

Staying with you will get us nowhere

Running back will only provide us despair

We would only gain a loss of hope in you, a loss in hope in everything

After that, after everything, after it all the change is finally complete

Creativity: I set things up so that the reader discovers that it’s a daughter talking to her father about how he is out of their lives because he is an alcoholic. I made it so that it is like an indirect letter. It’s not a letter to him exactly but you can understand that it is directed towards him.

Engagement: Talking about how alcohol problems badly influence everyone

Growth: This is not about me so I tried to put myself in another person’s shoes and try to understand the pain and hardship of the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment